Saturday, September 6, 2008

Dr. Laura's Dissapointment With Sarah Palin...Excuse Me!


I am voting for Sarah Palin! Not only is she a woman, but she has proved herself as a fellow conservative. The critics say she lacks experience. She has served as a Mayor and as a Governor; much more executive experience than Obama. But I am not writing to revel in her political accomplishments.

Dr. Laura is a well know conservative. You have probably heard her on the radio or seen her on television. I like Dr. Laura. But I am outraged at her statements about Sarah Palin. As a conservative, female, public figure, Dr. Laura, in my opinion, has disgraced herself with the following statement drawn directly from her blog (http://www.drlaurablog.com/).

“I’m stunned - couldn’t the Republican Party find one competent female with adult children to run for Vice President with McCain? I realize his advisors probably didn’t want a “mature” woman, as the Democrats keep harping on his age. But really, what kind of role model is a woman whose fifth child was recently born with a serious issue, Down Syndrome, and then goes back to the job of Governor within days of the birth?”

A woman that I want as second in command of this country! She is dedicated to her family and to her role as Governor. Can you imagine what she will do in Washington! Sarah called herself a pit bull; I think she’s more comparable to a polar bear. Beautiful from afar off, but fierce at heart!

I think McCain will eventually live in the shadows of his Vice President. And, if things go the way I would hope they would go, I pray that one day, we could see a hockey mom leading this country as Commander in Chief.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i agree! i really wish she were running on her own ticket, i like her SO much more than i like mccain.

i like the look of your blog, btw!